1. What did you do in 2008 that you’d never done before? FINALLY saw Rise Against in concert
2. Did you keep your new year’s resolutions, and will you make more for next year? To be honest, I don't even remember what my resolutions were. Yes, I'll make more ... as far as keeping them, who knows?
3. Did anyone close to you give birth? Nope.
4. Did anyone close to you die? Eric and Angel
5. What countries did you visit? "*grumblegrumblegrumble* NONE. Hopefully, this will change in 2009. Have passport, will travel!" (my sentiments exactly, BachelorGirl)
6. What would you like to have in 2009 that you lacked in 2008? A Wii fit. A treadmill.
7. What dates from 2008 will remain etched upon your memory, and why? mom's brain surgery, March 8 (Eric), my birthday trip to NYC with Cheryl and Alex, selling my house, buying my condo, remodeling my condo, Halloween (Angel's funeral & my first bee sting).
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year? my promotion
9. What was your biggest failure? my inability to not be anti-social when I am in the hospital
10. Did you suffer illness or injury? I spent WAY too much time in the hospital this year. And then there's always yesterday when I busted by butt in the middle of 20th Street because I was in such a hurry to go home.
11. What was the best thing you bought? Without a doubt, MY CONDO!
12. Whose behavior merited celebration? my grandfather's, when he stood up for me during the Great Debacle.
13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed? I need mention no names. Everybody knows who it is. Appalled, yes. Depressed, No.
14. Where did most of your money go? my new digs (remodeling)
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about? Seeing Phantom on Broadway (even if it was one of the worst shows I've seen); selling my house; finding, buying and remodeling the condo
16. What song will always remind you of 2008?" all the songs from The Sufferer and The Witness (Rise Against) ... seeing them live in ATL with Brien was most cool!
17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
- happier or sadder? I'm a relatively happy person most of the time
- thinner or fatter? about the same
- richer or poorer? Poorer. But my contractor is doing pretty good. =)
18. What do you wish you’d done more of? As always, travel. Read. Yoga.
19. What do you wish you’d done less of? Bitch about things that aren't going to change.
20. How did you spend Christmas? Christmas Eve with Dad, Christmas Day cleaning and hanging paintings, dinner Christmas night with my grandparents, aunt & cousin, 2nd Christmas on Saturday with one mom, two aunts & grandparents, four cousins, two cousin-in-laws, and a partridge in a pear tree!
21. Did you fall in love in 2008? I wouldn't go quite that far.
22. What was your favorite TV program? Heroes, Grey's, Supernatural, NCIS
23. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year? Hate is a complete waste of energy. No respect for? That's another story.
24. What was the best book you read? Of the books that I've read since July, I'd have to go with Innocent Traitor: A Novel of Lady Jane Grey (Alison Weir).
25. What was your greatest musical discovery? Katy Perry
26. What did you want and get? Two Sherpa cat carriers that I'm going to have the boo's name embroidered on.
27. What did you want and not get? Less time in the hospital. =(
28. What was your favorite film of this year? I really don't get to see that many movies. I'm a little ADD when it comes to sitting down to watch a movie, but I really love them once I get into them. I guess my favorite of the year was Wall-E.
29. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you? I turned 30 and went to NYC to see Phantom with my cousin (who turned 20) and my aunt (who turned 50).
30. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying? Less time in the hospital, no doubt!
31. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2008? Fashion concept? Ha. I try to dress nice, but I am all about comfort. No five-inch heels for me! (I'd break my neck).
32. What kept you sane? my aunt, blogging
33. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most? I can't say that I really fancy any celebrities. Public figures? The response of the public to the university in Canada which dropped the CCFF because some idiot decided it was a "disease that primarily affects white men." Dumb ass.
34. What political issue stirred you the most? The economy.
35. Who did you miss? Eric. All my friends that moved far away in 2008 ... Dana (England), Wendy (South Dakota), Stacey (Miami).
36. Who was the best new person you met? I've really gotten to know Katey B this year and she is one of the most amazing and inspiring chicks I've ever met.
37. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2008. Stupid people will say and do stupid things.
38. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year.
Kate Monster: I'm kind of pretty, and pretty damn smart.
Kate Monster:THANKS! I like romantic things like music and art, and as you know I have a gigantic heart!So why don't I have a boyfriend? F**k! It sucks to be me!