Monday, July 13, 2009

Growing Older with CF

I don't often have "deep thoughts" or conversations about CF and most of my friends know that I prefer to keep CF in it's own little bubble.  But sometimes you read something that resonates with you so perfectly that you have to share it.  This article sums it up.

"James Tapankov, fresh from a vacation off Canada's Campbell River, admits he's in one race he doesn't mind losing. "I'm essentially chasing the life expectancy, and it seems to be running ahead of me," said the chipper 31-year-old, who has cystic fibrosis."

It reminds me why life is worth living.  I want to live my life to the fullest, all the time.  And that's why doing crazy things like dressing like a cow for free food will continue to be one of the many crazy things I do on a regular basis.  Life's about having fun.

Thanks for tweeting this, Ronnie.  Well worth the read.