Monday, August 17, 2009

Almost Done

As Piper much more creatively put it - that "e"vil little miracle:

Powerful drug,
Regretfully necessary. An
"Evil little miracle,"
Drowning sanity (and sleep) as you wash away inflammation.
No, I don't like you;
I both love you and I hate you. And I'm
Sorry for the indecision, it's
Only that I'm feeling a little flustered, mixed-up,
Not quite myself, which might have something to do with you, or
Everything.

has done it's work. I managed to get my FVC / FEV1 back in the 40's (my baseline) after 19 long days and I am going home tomorrow. Fortunately I wasn't on a really high dose this time around (30 mg, now down to 20 mg), so I won't have to do a really long taper. Thank the gods. I need to be off this devil drug before I go back to work on Monday.

I don't want to jinx myself, but we (Cheryl, Alex, and I) leave for our whirlwind, two-day, show-seeing tour of Vegas on Friday morning, returning Sunday evening. That's one more item crossed off my mini-bucket list of seeing Phantom of the Opera in every major tour city.

That's all for now, folks.