Saturday, October 17, 2009

No news...

...is good news!

I apologize for being MIA for most of the past month. I was house-sitting for the zoo the latter part of September. This was the first time that we tried to integrate my insanely territorial and spoiled rotten cats with my aunt's insanely territorial and spoiled rotten animals. It was a little crazy at times, but we survived the week with no major catastrophes. (However I was REALLY glad when she came home!).

During that time I managed to catch a cold or what-have-you which precipitated me feeling bad the week that I was taking care of the animals. I had a clinic appointment that Thursday and after talking with my doctor, we decided it was time to go ahead and do another tune up. My PFT's were down about 12% (44 / 36) from when I went home on August 18. He was nice enough to give me a reprieve until Monday so that I could get all arrangements made for pet-sitting, packing, etc.

As I explained to everybody (my closest friends and family), my doctor was not at all surprised to see me back at five weeks rather than my usual eight weeks. With all of the colds / seasonal flu / swine flu making the rounds, he said that all of his CF patients that are on a two or three month rotation were showing signs of needing tune ups about a month sooner than usual.

With that in mind, I've been back in Club Med since September 29th. After my routine 21-day admission, I am scheduled to make my great escape on Monday, October 19th. Considering that I haven't been at my house in more than a month, I am more than a little excited about the idea of going home and sleeping in my own bed.

More later!