Monday, December 7, 2009

Kandace Lynn Mullins

MULLINS, KANDACE LYNN, went to be with the Lord on November 28, 2009. Preceded in death by her father, Dewaine Mullins and grandparents. Surviving grandfather, Winford Mullins; fiancée, Seth Minter; mother, Ronda Anderson; stepfather, Bill Anderson; siblings, Brian and Teresa Mullins, Kade Anderson; and uncle, Gregg Williamson. There will be a Memorial Service December 3, 2009 at The Innerchange 22478 Bucksville Rd McCalla, AL 35111 from 4:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m.

*-.,,.-**-.,,.-**-.,,.-**-.,,.-**-.,,.-**-.,,.-**-.,,.-**-.,,.-**-.,,.-*

Kandace was several years younger than I, but I can remember a few memorable hospital trips from Children's where she and I managed to talk ourselves out of trouble. After I moved to UAB in the first transition, our hospital visits never seemed to coincide and we lost touch.

I remember being thrilled the moment that I heard Kandace and Rocky G. were listed for transplant on the same day. But I will never forget the moment when we found out that they would be transplanted on the same day, as well.

Breathe easy, Kandace. It's been a long and winding road.