Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Lauren's Dogs, 02/02/10

I apologize for the lack of information. I was not able to be as "in the loop" regarding Lauren's dogs while I was in the hospital as I would have liked. I did exchange a few e-mails with a family in Colorado that may be interested in adopting the three dogs (together), but at the moment, everything is on hold.

I talked with Angela @ the Greater Huntsville Humane Society on January 21 and heard that all three dogs continue to do well together, but that Tanooki had to be taken to the vet for emergent care the other day.

From my understanding they are concerned because he was exhibiting symptoms ("alligator rolls") the other morning. When they took him to the vet, they could not find anything immediate, but after shaving his neck, there was indication of old scarring, so they thought he may have had some problems in the past.

I believe there was some concern about a possible brain tumor or other neurological problem. Angela explained that, for now, Tanooki would be going to go to one of the major veterinary schools (University of Tennessee) for further testing on Monday, February 1, 2010.

(Bump)

The Greater Huntsville Humane Society continues to accept directed donations on behalf of these three. If you can support Lauren's dogs, please donate to the Greater Huntsville Humane Society.

You can mail a check to:

GHHS
2012 Johnson Road
Huntsville, AL 35805

Please include a note with your check that the funds are for the care of Buddha, Tanooki, and Trixie.

You can also donate online. Again, please specify that the gift is in honor of Buddha, Tanooki and Trixie.

(Bump)

I am also continuing to raise money on behalf of Buddha, Tanooki, and Trixie, in Lauren's memory. All monies will be used for the care (boarding, food, vetting expenses) of Lauren's fur babies. At this time, we have decided that any remaining monies will be split 50/50 between the Cystic Fibrosis Foundation and the ASPCA (Lauren's favorite charity). I am using ChipIn (recommended by one of the many rescue groups that I have been in touch with) to accept online donations.



Alternatively, you can mail a donation. A bank account 'Lauren Sturdivant Memorial' has been established at Compass Bank in Birmingham, AL. This is not a tax-deductible donation as I do not have non-profit status at this time, but I will mail you a receipt for accounting purposes. If you'd like to mail a donation, please contact me via e-mail.