Monday, April 27, 2009

Weekend Fun & Manic Monday

What I wrote to my boss on Friday morning:

Subject: Sick

I woke up with a terrible sore throat, sinus headache, and fever this morning. I think maybe the antibiotics are kicking in and working but whatever it's fighting is having one last hurrah.

What a difference a day makes! After spending Friday snuggling with the boo's and resting, I felt better on Saturday. In fact, I dragged Alex out of bed shortly after 11 AM and made him go shopping with me. In concession, I did agree to see a movie with him, which makes up only one of the many that I owe him. =)

We saw Obsessed on Saturday afternoon, after enjoying milkshakes and cheese fries from Johnny Rockets. Obsessed is "perhaps the 105th blatant rip-off of 'Fatal Attraction', but not without its own guilty pleasures." That's a pretty accurate review. Not a bad flick, but definitely not on the "must-see" or "must-have" list. It was very suspenseful and the cat fight at the end almost made it worth it.

Saturday night was our "traditional" birthday dinner at Outback. I think the reason we go is for the free desserts. Happy Birthday to my Dad and to Papa! I managed to remember the presents, but as usual, my scatter-brained self walked out without the birthday cards that I spent a GOOD five minutes looking for. Oh well!

I intended for Sunday to be a lazy day and for the most part it was. We went to the Original Pancake House in 5 Points for Dad's birthday lunch and it was so-so-so-so good! I'm not normally a breakfast person but those were some of the best pancakes I've had in awhile. After that we did a Sunday afternoon drive through Highland looking at all of the old houses and gardens. I spent the rest of the afternoon finishing up a new book (The Shadow Queen) that Alex bought me for my birthday (yes, my birthday was a month ago ... but, turn about is fair play. I ordered his birthday present and it was almost a month late, so he returned the favor).

I am on Day 5 of my Levaquin prescription and I can honestly say this is the first time I remember taking an oral antibiotic and actually feeling like it was working. My sinus congestion is much less than it was - although it's not gone by any means - and I am feeling slightly more energetic than I have in the past two weeks. I am now officially six weeks out from my last hospital visit. Here's to six more!!!

This should be a pretty busy week at work. Case wise we are doing great ... caught up and actually working ahead right now, but that never seems to last long. My direct manager, Lynda, will be in town from Arizona this week, which means lots of lunches and dinners with the work folks.

Great Strides is coming up quicker than I realized! We are only a few short weeks away. I haven't gotten as much support from the hospital as I would have liked, but I realize that they have been busy with Joint Commission reviews. My team has done an absolutely amazing job with donations this year. I am really excited about how close we are to our totals from last year. We are still about a thousand dollars away from what we raised last year, but we also had our biggest donations in our last big push as well. We will be selling t-shirts again this year, and I am hoping to get a proof of the design sometime this week.

Enough for now. I need to actually get some work done sometime today!