Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Live from "Club Med"...

it's Me!

That should give anybody out there an idea of exactly how B.O.R.E.D. I am right now.

Not much new to report ... this has been a relatively uneventful visit. I haven't done PFT's again since admission, but I would wager they are about the same. My O2 levels are also stable ... I usually run about 90 - 92 on RA (room air).

It appears that UAB is the latest casualty of the recession. There was a story on the news today about UAB. A total of 164 people were laid off (along with another 81 displacements) and although the CEO made several remarks to reassure the masses that patient care will not be compromised, I have my doubts. We found out today that three of our support staff on the CF unit are to be included in these changes. Whether they will all get re-assigned to new positions is unknown, but I hate the thought of losing people that have helped take care of us over the past several years.

I've spent quite a bit of time on my computer since I've been here ... I have two major projects that I have been intending to work on ... organizing my pictures and my music. Since I have over 3000 pics and 13000 (yes, thirteen thousand) songs on my computer, this is no little undertaking. I think I've made good headway on the picture project, but haven't even begun looking at my music.

I'm still debating on taking a trip when I bail this time. As much as I would like to go to the beach, it just doesn't seem far enough away! I've gotten another hare-brained idea that I should take a vacation in some tropical locale. =) Who knows, maybe I'll actually do it?

My friend Katey got to move to her "home" unit. I was really glad that she was able to get back to her own digs, even though it means we can't hang out as much. HTICU has limited visiting hours and she is not supposed to leave the floor, although our Dr. did encourage her to get out and walk around today. So maybe we'll still be able to go for the occasional walk and find things to do to while away the hours.

Laters ~

0 comments: