Friday, July 17, 2009

Clinic Visit, 07/16/09

I meant to post yesterday with an update on my most recent clinic visit, but (as usual) never got around to doing it. However, since I'm spending a quiet Friday night at home with southern vampires to keep me company, I thought I'd go ahead and post the latest stats:

ENT: Sinuses are (and I qoute) "perfect!" I've tried to stay diligent about flushing at least twice a day and apparently doing what the doctor orders can actually make a difference.

CF: PFTs were OK, but not great. I blew a 40 / 34 (FVC / FEV1) and 44 / 41. Those numbers are about what I was at when I went in last time, but since I have so many upcoming events and I'm not feeling bad, I managed to get a reprieve. O2 Sats were my norm - 92.

I have been a little crackly and wheezy the past two days, but they are doing some work in my building and the dust has been flying. That's my excuse and I'm sticking to it. =) However, just to be on the safe side, I refilled my script of Levaquin and Bactrim, just to have on hand.

AND - most importantly - I got clearance for the CFRI conference at the end of this month! WOoT!!! Katey and I are getting together next Tuesday night to discuss all the important details (you know, like what to wear, what to do, etc.).

Tomorrow is hair day with Shawn. Stay tuned for a new look - I haven't yet decided what I want to do and I told Shawn to be creative. I am getting tired of the red, so we'll see wear the wind blows tomorrow.

It's also my friend, D.'s birthday and we are having a slip-n-slide party at her house tomorrow afternoon. And Sunday, I'm going to see Gone With The Wind at the Alabama. One of my favorite movies of all time and seeing it at the Alabama is magical.

Off to watch True Blood, Season 2. I'll post a Week(end) in Review sometime or another.