Monday, January 25, 2010

Hospital, Day 17.5

Time keeps on slippin', slippin', slippin'
Into the future
Time keeps on slippin', slippin', slippin'
Into the future

I want to fly like an eagle
To the sea
Fly like an eagle
Let my spirit carry me
I want to fly like an eagle
Till I'm free..

Sorry, I was channeling my inner Steve Miller Band. Yes, I'd really like to go home right now, but that doesn't appear to be in the cards. My goal is to be out of here by Friday (3 weeks) and back to work on Monday. Back to REAL life and not this-so-called-life that I've been partaking of.

My Prednisone dose has been cut back to 20 mg/day, which means the chances of me biting your head off for looking funny isn't quite as likely, but I do find that EVERY. little. THING. is frustrating, especially when it isn't done right the first time.

The 'roids still have me hyped up ... I've exhibited a few feats of superhuman strength (a la Mighty Mouse) ... for example, while trying to change out the tubing from one nebulizer to the other, I was pulling on the plastic tubing with all my strength and I ended up breaking the nebulizer into two pieces. No, I'm not kidding. If I hadn't of been so irritated about it, I would have taken a picture. Instead I just threw the nebulizer against the wall. =)

I've survived the last few days by catching "cat naps" here and there, but I don't remember the last time I had a entire night of what could actually be called sleep.

In other news, my drug levels are still not right. The lower dose of Vancomycin (1250 mg) caused my trough level to drop to 10.6, which means the medicine wasn't working as effectively as it should be. The pharmacist has now changed my dose to 1500 mgs / q 12 hours. Hopefully (fingers crossed) that will be the magic number. I am guessing they will re-do my levels after about four doses to see where I'm at. Who knows?

Off to do PFTs tomorrow.

I'm now taking suggestions on what movies to watch to kill time. Next up is the re-release of Friday the 13th (2009). After that, I'll be relying on my Netflix instant queue for entertainment.

Lah!