Wednesday, January 7, 2009

SparkPeople

There's been a lot of buzz in the blog world about eating habits. Yep, you can tell it's January! Everybody is all a twitter with resolutions and promises to eat better, exercise more, stress less, etc.

I'm using SparkPeople to keep a food journal. It helps you stay on top of WHAT you're eating, HOW MUCH you're eating as well as breaking down the # of carbs, fats, and proteins that you take in. And it's FREE! I know that I'm a big carb person and one of my goals is to learn how to have a more balanced meal plan. I will most likely stick with "easy" foods ... Lean Cuisines & Healthy Choice meals , grits, oatmeal, toast, etc. because I do not enjoy being in the kitchen at all. It is my least favorite (and least used) part of my house. Srsly, my stove / oven might get used a handful of times in a year.

I didn't exercise last night as I needed some GRE study-time. However, I woke up this morning and did another 30 minutes on the treadmill. I'm at work until 12:30 today, then off to my GI appointment. I plan on walking another 30 minutes this afternoon / evening when I get home.

~ Laters, y'all ~

0 comments: