Friday, February 20, 2009

Surgery

Well, it's about 1:27 AM on Friday and I'm scheduled for a 7 AM surgery. The residents called the floor to let them know that I will most likely be taken to pre-op holding sometime between 5:30 and 6:00 AM.

I'm hoping that the anesthesia team will be generous with the "happy" drugs before they begin the "bilateral functional endoscopic sinus surgery with medial maxillecotomy (sp?) and surgical stereotactic navigation." Whew, that's a mouthful!!! In other words, I'm having my sinuses roto-rootered tomorrow morning.

The whole thing should take about four hours but I'm not sure when I will be up and around again (hopefully tomorrow afternoon or Saturday.) Will try to keep everybody posted.

Laters ~

1 comments:

Meredith Brim said...

I have NO idea what they did to you exactly but I hope you are resting comfortably! Didn't you already HAVE sinus sugery?