Sunday, June 14, 2009

A new look for an old fireplace

When I was out and about on Friday, I made a quick stop at one of my favorite stores - Pier One Imports. The impetus for this little field trip? My realization that I've spent the better part of the last year talking about decorating my fireplace, but not actually doing it. (Yes, I do a lot of that).

Anyways, what brought on this little shopping trip was a remark made by my cousin that had a bit too much of the ring of truth to it -- "Brandi, you're going to have the same five pieces of firewood that the previous owner left in your fireplace thirty years from now."

So here are the results of my attempt to decorate my fireplace.

Before





After



So, what do you think?

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very nice...I really do like the "new" look!