Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Work Day Survival Kit

Our volume has been a little light over in the Complaints arena recently, so we've been outsourced on a few different projects that our team is currently involved in. Even still, today has been one of those days where I've watched the minutes tick, tick, tick S-L-O-W-L-Y.  It's made me think of all the various things I use to survive the day (and it also gave me a chance to play with the Hipstamatic app on my iPhone).

Sustenance
Yes, I'm a caffeine junkie and Diet Coke is my drug of choice.



The Sound of Music
I absolutely have to have music playing to be able to focus on the task at hand. For some reason, that little bit of background noise helps me concentrate better, whereas utter silence sends me off into la-la land. Pandora rocks my world!



Flower Power
A little splash of color helps brighten up my officle.



Fortitude
You win some, you lose some.  The overall strategy to dealing with complaints around-the-clock is being able to step back and laugh. And then put on your big girl panties when you have to face a Federal examiner and answer their questions.







This is the touchstone that I was given at the UAB memorial service for Lauren. It sits on my desk for remembrance, as a reminder. A single glance has served me well at work and at home.

2 comments:

Kelly said...

Ha! We have the same mentality when it comes to workday survival!

Anonymous said...

Wonderful work you do there kiddo! Need you to do a story for me about my occasionally s.l.o.w. days t.h.a.t d.r.i.v.e m.e. c.r.a.z.y!!!